Thursday, September 8, 2011

House of Leaves

So far House of Leaves is a pretty slow read. Despite that, I'm really enjoying it. It's slightly confusing because the actual story has footnotes that tell a completely different story. The cover is 1/4 of an inch shorter than the pages of the book, which I didn't understand until it said the house that Mr. Navidson moves in to is 1/4 bigger than the blueprints say it is. He discovers this the day after two mysterious doors show up in the bedroom after they are away for a weekend. Along with other strange things that I don't understand yet, the word house is always blue, even when it is said in other languages. I'm not sure if this is to give the house in the book more importance. but I'm sure I'll find out. I'm really excited to read the rest of the book, I hope everything fits together eventually. For now though, I'm satisfied by how different the book is. It's not challenging text, but keeping the plots separated is slightly difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment