Wednesday, October 5, 2011

House of Leaves

I stopped reading this book for a bit because it's such a slow read. Not to say it isn't interesting and enjoyable, I just couldn't find the time or patience to read 100 pages of this per week. I've just begun the most interesting part of the book so far. Navidson has hired men to explore the dark side of his house and Johnny, the narrator, is experiencing attacks that are similar to anxiety or panic attacks. The book never said this, but it's pretty clear that Johnny was messed up from a young age, moving from foster family to foster family although his mother was still alive. Because of this void, I think he looks for women to feel a sense of worth. Honestly though, parts of this book are incredibly inappropriate and I pray no one is looking at my book over my shoulder while I read them.

No comments:

Post a Comment