Friday, October 14, 2011

Quarterly

I haven't really surprised myself this quarter as far as what I read is concerned. I've basically always read what I had available to me and I've never stuck to one particular genre. House of Leaves has been the most challenging and I feel like it took me a long time to get in to it. I love the story, but absolutely hate the book. It's just a bunch of crap. There are references that don't exist, footnotes with footnotes, and the layout is unnecessary. Though I do hate it, I respect it. It clearly took a lot of thought and creativity and I'm really enjoying the challenge. It's a piece of art. I mostly read during fifth period and at night right before I go to bed. During yearbook, I've often found myself being a loner in the "patio room" reading. I really don't mind though, it's really nice to be able to hear the craziness but not actually be a  part of it. I also cuddle up with my puppies in this big blue chair in the sun room in my house a lot to read. I think my dogs probably enjoy being read to... haha. I usually don't have my cell phone on and I try not to talk to other people while I'm reading because if I get sidetracked, it takes me a while to get back to where I was reading with the same concentration I had before. I want to find more books that make me think though. I think I need to stop reading books because I relate to the characters. It's neat to be able to live vicariously through a character. I'll never be a crazy drug/sex addict, but it's cool to imagine what they think.

No comments:

Post a Comment