Friday, November 11, 2011

Finally

Starting the class, I was already a pretty independent reader. I did depend on other people to recommend good challenging books. If I didn't have any recommendations, I would usually read Nicholas Sparks' books or something similar. During the week I wouldn't read much, but mostly save it as a Sunday activity curled up in bed. This semester I read books I normally would not have read. This class I think helped me go from simple young adult to more challenging adult books less awkwardly than I otherwise would have because I enjoy really unique books, but I also read a lot of really crappy books, I don't even know another way to say it. I never read with my phone with me because I get too distracted. I absolutely love talking to people about books and recommending books to other people. Besides changing what I read, I've also changed how much I read. Now I choose to read over watching tv or getting online. I'm looking forward to having more time to read now that band season is over. I'm also looking forward to exploring new genres of books that I wouldn't have been exposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment